1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel Question

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cwilmot, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cwilmot

cwilmot Thread Starter

I'm looking for an Excel guru, or at least someone smarter than me in this field. What I want to do is to chart 2 weeks of blood pressure readings, taken 4 times per day, using line graphs. The Y axis would be blood pressure readings and the X axis would be observation times. There would be 2 lines representing both the Systolic and Diastolic readings, running horizontally and parallel (as parallel as the variations between the 2 readings will permit) across the chart. I have tried using the line graph option in Wizard and that gave me a true Systolic reading representation but the Diastolic reading was that of the Systolic combined with it, which, of course, gave a false, too high reading. Furthermore it appeared that I would not be able to plot readings for much more than 4 consecutive days, at 4 times per day, and make them easy to read and meaningful while I would like to incorporate 14 days of data in one chart. TIA for any suggestions and help.

2. RandyG

RandyG

not a guru, but have done many charts in Excel before.

If you send me the data, or an example of the data that you might be receiving, then I will see if i can make something for you.

3. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

I can also try because I have done it earlier. Two heads are better than one :p ;)

4. cwilmot

cwilmot Thread Starter

To: Randy G and abvavguser: Thanks, guys, for the generous offers. I have only 12 days of data collected thus far. I kind of wanted to incorporate 2 more days of data but it isn't mandatory. Do you want me to post the data here or would you rather have me send it to you each personally? If so, I would need your email addresses. It really doesn't matter to me other than the fact that I don't want to clutter up this bulletin board with a lot of raw data. My email address, in case you have any reluctance about posting yours here on the board, is: [email protected] and you can send them directly to me. Please let me know your preferences. Thanks, so much. Chuck

5. RandyG

RandyG

I'v eemailed you the chart in Excel 2000, using Pivot tables and Pivot Charts.

Let me know if it suits, and if you need any explanations on how to use it. Also let me know if you have an older version of Excel, which does not support Pivot Charts.

6. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

cwilmot, I have sent you a mail on the address that you gave. You can reply to it and attach the excel file, preferably after zipping.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112940

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice