Excel Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

computerwiz5

I have this cell:

6001BR $ 25.00 15'' H

And many others like it, I want to get a formula to take away everything but the price and another one separately to take away the price and model number, 6001BR $ 25.00. I have attached the file I am doing it on, pleas take a look at it and see if you can do this for me, I am no excel wiz. The first column shows the concept I am trying to get.

Thanks
Danny

Attachments

This cannot be done automatically, there are too many variations in the configuration of the "master" cell. I used a combination of functions (TRIM and SUBSTITUTE) and the Text to Columns method to take as much of the donkey work out as possible. I'll skip the detail as you are no Excel wiz. :)

I added a copy of the worksheet and cleaned that up. "Dimensions" and/or "Price" are missing in some records because the data wasn't there originally.

Please note to cover myself I have to state that I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the results or accept any responsibility for errors or consequences of same. :)

Rgds,
Andy

Attachments

OBP

Andy, I have to agree the input data in column B is chaotic, if the user wants the conversion to be done on an ongoing basis I think it will have to be VBA. But the input really needs cleaning up first.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online