1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel Send To Command

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Andrewswiss, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Andrewswiss

Andrewswiss Thread Starter

Hello,

I am using Windows XP and Office 97 SR-2. When I open up Excel, I don't have the 'Send To' Command. I have tried to add it through Tools>Customize>Commands. I add the 'Send To' command under FILE, but when I click on 'Send To'>Mail Receipient, nothing happens. What gives? Thank you.

Andrew

2. XL Guru

XL Guru

When something's not right, online Help is usually a good start.

"Make sure Mapi32.dll is in the Windows System folder"

(IAF, mine's in system32).

Post back if still stuck.

Rgds,
    Andy

3. Andrewswiss

Its in there. I've checked already from the wizard. Thats why i'm here. =) thank you for the quick reply though.

Still stuck

Andy

4. RandyG

RandyG

5. Andrewswiss

We are using Lotus Notes and it works on my computer for some odd reason but on this machine and others it doesn't.

Andy

6. mrwendal

mrwendal

Have you tried right-clicking on the toolbar and selecting customize?

On the commands tab, you should find a Send To icon, drag this to the toolbar and see if you can now select this..

Sorry if this doesn't help, but it's the only suggestion i have at the mo!!!

7. Andrewswiss

Yes I have tried it. Doesn't even work. The icon is lit up and everything, but its not tied to anything. When I click on it, it does absolutely nothing.

8. mrwendal

mrwendal

oops, sorry, didn't see that you had already tried this in your original post - I apologise!

I'm using Office XP, did 97 have detect and repair under the help menu?

9. drdrew1469

drdrew1469

In IE under Tools, Internet Options, on the Programs tab, what Mail program do you have selected as your default mailer? Just another idea for ya!

Hope that helps,

Drew

10. Andrewswiss

Thanks Drew. That base was covered also. I have Lotus Notes as the default mail program.

The thing is with the problem, everything seems to work on my machine, but I have admin rights. You see, the users for this company do not have admin right for anything. I don't believe that this would cause a problem though. Also, I have installed tons of stuff on my machine since I am admin. What I will do is to make a 'corporate' build and test it. I have an old build and there was probably a registry setting or something set on it that they forgot to take off. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you and everyone else. I really appreciate your help

andrew

11. RandyG

RandyG

OK, I steppe dout cause I know nothing of Lotus Notes, but maybe reversing this MS article will help to pinpoint where the breakdown is happening.

OL2000: Mailto Link Starts Lotus Notes 4.0

It is how to make sure Outlook opens with Mailto links, instead of Lotus notes, but as I said, use it to make sure all the necessary places are set properly to Lotus Notes.

12. phil-key

phil-key

Look at your E-mail settings to see if Notes has something similar to what I describe below.

We use Netscape Messenger and under the preferences/setup there is a check box that says to "Use Netscape Messenger for all MAPI based applications.

When we check this box, the send to menu option appears under the File menu.

13. Andrewswiss

Randy,
    I've tried that entire Microsoft KB article on the specified machine. Though we are using Lotus Notes, I don't see a difference, but yes, I've checked the settings. Its all there believe it or not. I'm still stumped and looking for a fix.

Phil-Key,

Thanks, but I've checked that and there is nothing like that for IE6.

The search continues...

A-

p.s. Thank you again.

14. RandyG

RandyG

15. Andrewswiss

No, Notes is installed first then Office. I've checked the unattended build and thats the setup for it.

Andy

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164237

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice