Excel Sort

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CW

I am trying to sort a list of dates, ie. 05/11/2002, 03/15/2003, 08/09/2004. I wanted to sort on just the month and date, but that wouldn't work, so I did a find and replace and found the year and replaced it with nothing. I still get a sort that looks like the year is still there. Is there another way to do this?

If you want to do it by month, create another column that strips the month off of the data and displays it in that column. Do your sort in that field.

CW

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Do I copy and paste the date column?

No...create a column next to the date in question. If the date is in A1 and the new column is B1 enter the following formula in B1: =MONTH(A1) this will return only the month in B1 and you can sort that column accordingly.

CW

Sorry to be so thick headed. I have 606 rows. I want to sort month and day only in column E. Take me step by step as I don't really understand formulas. Thanks!

here's a similar thread, dealing with ages (dates)

check my method near the bottom, with the jpg attached - then use the month function Rockn suggested

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts