1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel Spread Sheets

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by carolv, Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolv

carolv Thread Starter

I work from an excel spread sheet daily. This spread sheet has about 4,000 lines. When I delete lines in this spread sheet I get a gray box with the sum symbol in it. No matter what I do, I can't get this to NOT "automaticly appear". If I print the document, it prints. If I move the symbol, it copies and keeps a copy where it began. If I copy a cell it copies with the cell. I tried deleting the symbol and yes it deletes however there are hundreds underneath it which means I am deleting hundreds. How can I delete all of these at one time, or better yet stop this? It really is annoying. :eek:

2. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hi,

Not sure what you have for those boxes, but if they are a shape or OLE control - which a shape is - you may make use of this macro to rid all shapes/OLE objects from your sheet...

Code:
    Sub delAllShapes()
        For Each Shape In ActiveSheet.Shapes
            Shape.Delete
        Next
    End Sub

or

Sub delAllObjects()
        For Each s In ActiveSheet.OLEObjects
            s.Delete
        Next
    End Sub
    There's 2 and they should both work just fine. To run, copy code. From Excel press Alt + F11, select workbook in left frame (if not there Press Ctrl + R {xl 2002} or Project Explorer from the View menu), go to Insert -> Module, paste code in right window. Call by (first closing that window, the Visual Basic Editor {VBA}), then press Alt + F8, choose the macro name to run and press 'Run'. HTH

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/255023

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice