1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

excel spreadsheet with expiry dates auto reminders

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kenako, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenako

kenako Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3037 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset, 1294 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 67280 MB;
    Motherboard: LENOVO, To be filled by O.E.M.
    Antivirus: System Center Endpoint Protection, Updated and Enabled

hello

i am new here i might stumble a bit, my apologies in advance. i am a Marine engineer by profession and now i have been helping out in the office since we don't have a Technical Manager, my computer software skills are also limited that is why i need help.

i have 45 crew reporting to me with all sorts of certificates with different expiry dates. i have managed to compile an excel spreadsheet with their names including certificates but since i am in between operations and the office i need excel reminders to my emails and to one nominated person at least 60 days before expiry to avoid catastrophic shipping delays while people are revalidating their certificates.

please find attached spreadsheet with names and relevant certificates (highlighted in green). your assistance will be forever appreciated. i will be glad if i can able to do it by myself so when changes are needed i can just execute them. thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

• if.xls
      File size:
      62 KB
      Views:
  2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    I would not be able to code this, but a coder would have needs/questions:

1. A worksheet with Name and Email address. This is so that info does not need to be hard-written into the code.
    2. When do you want it emailed? When you open the file? Automatically, even if you don't open the file? With a button click by you?
    3. What version of Excel and Outlook are you using?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1179143

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice