1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel; summary sheet with multiple sheets

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by MelissaMPerez, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MelissaMPerez

MelissaMPerez Thread Starter

I'm not sure that this is even possible, but I'm going to attempt it...
    My goal is to have my first sheet as the "Summary", which will have the exact same layout as all the other sheets. Now I'm looking to make a formula where people can add sheets to the workbook and the summary will be able to recognize that and add those new sheets into the summary page.
    This is for my job. Basically, each year schools have to fill out information about their buildings and there was talk of some of the schools being interested in having a document where they can go classroom to classroom, gather the numbers they need, put it into a document and then have another section that adds up all that information collectively (aka the summary sheet.)

Is this even possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated!\

Melissa

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Sure it's possible, you will run into the fact that if opened at the same time (network?) you'll have to open it as shared.
    I'm not that good at shared files but I'm sure one of the other members does.
    If you place a sample with some data we can have a look.

3. Center

Center

Do you know how to sum across tabs? Perhaps a sheet where all new datasheets are added in the middle somewhere can be picked up by the Summary sheet since you're just adding across tabs.

If you think this will work, then if you post 2 spreadsheets: 1 with the Summary and datasheets, and the 2nd spreadsheet a new datasheet being added that you want included in the Summary. Then I might be able to produce an example.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/905851

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice