1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel Symbols

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by stigal, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stigal

stigal Thread Starter

Help! I am trying to insert symbols into excel and can't figure out how. I have an older version (Microsoft Excel 2000 9.0.3821 SR-1) and when I go to insert, there is no place to find the symbols. I have asked my computer support person and he can't figure out how either. PLEASE HELP ME!

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    1. Get a new computer support person.

2. Try copy/paste from Word.

3. Use the Character Map, which comes with Windows. Hit Start-Run and type "charmap" (without the quotes) and hit enter. If that doesn't work, do a search for charmap.exe and create a shortcut to it for yourself.

Here's the stickler with ALL symbols in Excel:

If you want a symbol and also some other text, you generally have to select that one character in the formula bar and format it as the appropriate font. If you only use symbols in a cell, then the entire cell can be formatted with that font.

Hope this helps!

Welcome to the board!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118226

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice