Excel Tabbing to specific cells

Ripperdan

Danny
Is there a way to set up Excel so I can Tab from Cell A to Cell B to Cell C to Cell D and so forth down to Cell J ... then from Cell J to Cell K to Cell L and so forth?

1638650364570.png

Attachments

Couriant

James
Well if I am right on what you are doing there, you can highlight the first two columns then type and press the tab key and it will move to the right. Then when you enter the next data and press tab it will go to the next ‘right cell’ which will be the one below (so a, b, then jumps to c). Then repeat the highlight on the next set of columns once you have done the first set of columns.

What Couriant says is correct.
Also when you get to the last column e.g column C you have to press Enter to start back at column A

Ripperdan

Danny
It didn't seem to work as suggested. Does it matter that the cells are made up from several small excel columns merged together? The form is part of an invoice where elsewhere on the actual form are things like Addresses, Pay Scales, Totals, etc. While in use, The actual form is protected and also saved as "Read Only". I have attached as section of the actual form. For confidential sake, I have deleted the non-pertinent stuff.

Attachments

Do I really want to download a macro file?
You cannot tab to locked cells(read only)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts