Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Excel Time Management/Project Calculations

951 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Hnlevitt 
#1 ·
I am trying to create an excel spreadsheet where I am tracking my time between three different areas for each day of the week. Then add the time for each area and create the percentage of time spent each day and for the week on each of these areas. I am having a problem with the total of all the times.
I have the spreadsheet set up so that I am calculating the difference for each project/area. Then taking a sum of all the time for each area/day and setting that in a table. When I try to add the sums for each day for the total that week, it is not adding properly and I don't know what to do. If you highlight the cells for each day -- together, they add up correctly, but if I just do sum (a2:a5), it does not come out with the same answer. I also tried multipying by 24 but that comes out even weirder. Suggestions?
Copy of file attached. Look at cell H11 and H12 on both tabs.

Attachments

#2 ·
I cannot help you with your problem...however there is a better location on this site for your question. The folks that hang out there, probably wont visit this forum all that much.

If I were you, I would click on the "report" button, lower right hand side of the post, and when the next page pops up, request that a forum moderator move your post to the "Business Applications " sub forum, located in the Software and Hardware Section of TSG.

BTW, please do not go to the subforum, and start another (duplicate) post, as that is against the rules here. I am sure you will find the help you need, people are pretty good around this site!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.