Excel to calculate FUTA tax

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

laura808

I believe a saw a posting on this but I was not able to copy and paste the one line formula!!! I want to use a formula like this:

=If B110 <7000, then b109*0.008

B110 is a cell that contains the YTD gross earnings, B109 is the gross earnings for that pay period.

But then I also need this,

=if B110>7000, then b109*0

or something like that. How can I combine both into one formula? Luckily I just have one employee.

etaf

Wayne
=if(b110<7000, b109*0.008, 0)

= if ( test , result if true, result if false )

so for anything in cell b110 that equals 7000 or above cell the formula is in will have b109 * 0.008 in
but if it is less than 7000 it will have zero in - no need to have the calcualtion as anything times zero is zero

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online