1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel to Word!

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by vivek_g, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vivek_g

vivek_g Thread Starter

Hello Everyone.

I need a help with the VBA macro.

I have one excel file & a word file. I need the data in the excel sheet to copy in to the word document.

This is what i need,

1. When you open the excel file, it has five columns Container, Commodities. Location, Date, Consignee
    2. The data in the Container column need to replace this "XXXXXXXXXXXXX" in the word document,
    3. The data in the Commodities column need to replace this "AAAAAAAA" in the word document,
    4. The data in the Location column need to replace this "BBBBBBBB" in the word document,
    5. The data in the Date column need to replace this "YYMMDD " in the word document,
    6. The data in the Consignee column need to replace this "CCCCCCCCC " in the word document,
    7. once the unit column & comments column data is copied in to the word document. I need the word document to be saved with the file name of "XXXXXXXXXXXXX" which means in container number.

As a end result, i would have each file for each row in the excel file.

Is this possible? Could someone help me with this thing?

Thank you so much for looking in to this,

Regards.
    VIvek

Attached Files:

2. vivek_g

vivek_g Thread Starter

Can anyone please urgently look in to the above and help me....

3. tjnichols

tjnichols

Hello - I would use the mail merge feature that Microsoft supplies in Word (not a macro). The 'Template' you provided was in the 97 - 2003 format while the Excel worksheet was in the 2007 or up format. I have assumed that you are working in the 2007 version of MS Office with my post. If this is not the case, there are also instructions for mail merge with previous versions at the Microsoft website. Here is the link - I hope it helps!

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-letters-and-other-documents-HA010081976.aspx

Thanks!

4. vivek_g

vivek_g Thread Starter

Hi ,

Have attached the word document in 2007 format, Please create a macro and confirm me asap. Many Thanks for your help.

G.vivek

Attached Files:

5. tjnichols

tjnichols

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1060556