1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

excel to word

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by twizzie, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

How do I get a table at excel into a graph in word? and is it possible to do it one Office 2002?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    This works in Office 2003 and I believe worked in Office 2000. I never used Office 2002.

1 - Create your desired graph or chart in Excel, not Word.

2 - Leaving the Excel file open, open the Word document that you wish to contain the chart or graph.

3 - Copy the chart or graph in the Excel document.

4 - Switch to the Word file and select your insertion point.

5 - Select Edit -> Paste Special ... in Word's menu bar to open a paste options box

5a - If you "Paste link", the chart or graph in the Word file will automatically change to reflect any future changes in the original Excel file

5b - If you "Paste" -> "object" the chart or graph will become part of the Word file and will not reflect any future changes in the original Excel file.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539495

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice