1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

EXCEL:try to get 5 different vales to show up on a 2d layout

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Zodeac, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zodeac

Zodeac Thread Starter

i have data that what to show in excel like
    for exp:

1 2 3 4 5
    a b c d e
    f g h i j

how ever for all the values like say "a" i want it to go to another sheet or something so it can show
    for exp:

x=
    y=
    f name=
    l name=
    phone=
    sex=
    age=

I try using comments and liked how it showed me the info when i moved the mouse over the square but i could not cross reference it to the other comments

does anyone know of a way to help
    thanks

2. Garf13LD

Garf13LD

Where do you store all the details?
    How do you want to present them? One only or a few selection?
    Pls upload sample.

3. Zodeac

Zodeac Thread Starter

Ok I am storing data from a game and I want all the data to be in excel
    In this game you have system 1 through 499 and in each system you have 15 slots to colonize a planet
    I want to store all the info of 1)players name, 2)rank, 3)planets name, 4)moons name, and 5)alliance
    However I want sheet 1 to look like this so I can color code it and don't have to look at all the detail unless I want to

I would like a way so if I want more data on the planet in system 003 slot 3 all I have to do is click on the 3 or like the comments option but on a different sheet in the same excel fie

4. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hello, welcome to the board!

Can you give us a few rows of sample information? Are you wanting this in a specific fashion, or do we have some liberty to create a workable data structure for you? What version of Excel are you using? Sample file with actual data would be most helpful.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1050963