1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel - Two Formulas, One Cell

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by amigoes5, Jun 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amigoes5

amigoes5 Thread Starter

Hi,

In Excel can you have two formulas for one cell? On the example below, I need to have it so it goes +100% if they are over their goal but -100% if they fall below. I have the conditioning rule for the negative to go red.

Varietal Ship Goal Shipped +/- Percent of Goal
    Chard 385 602 156%
    T Chard 32 9 -72%

Also, for some reason the other person who works on these files along with me, cannot highlight the row if there is a conditioning rule anywhere? Any thoughts on this as well would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance!

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Hi, welcome to the forum.
    Two formulas is a no no, but the formula can have nested IF and OR statements, your example is not quite clear (to me)
    About highlighting, if conditional formatting is actie in that cell you can change and hightlight what you want, conditional formatting overrules this.

3. JWhitehead

JWhitehead

First Name:
    Jenn
    amigos, if I understand what you are looking for correctly, the following might help you get your results

Code:
    COLUMN B       COLUMN C      COLUMN D
    385               602            =+IF(C2>B2, ROUND(C2/B2*100,0), ROUND(C2/B2*100-100,0)) --> results 156
    32                 9             =+IF(C3>B3, ROUND(C3/B3*100,0), ROUND(C3/B3*100-100,0)) --> results -72

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1150108

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice