1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel versus SPSS as statistical package..

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by amrkam, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amrkam

amrkam Thread Starter

I am helping a friend with the data handling and statistics of research about nutrional knowledge in diabetic patients... I don't know if I should use Excel or SPSS for that..

I am a good excel user and I know how to do most of the statistical test on it... I have limited experiece with SPSS but can learn it if it is really worth it...

I wonder if anyone can give a quick comparison between SPSS and excel for statistical analysis... and does excell work as a spreadsheet as well with all the powerful tools of excel spreadsheet...

the data that will be analysed is not complicated.. but rather big... it is questionnaire results... each questionnaire contains 90 multiple choice questions (each ranging from 4 -9 answers)... and we have like 150 questionnaires...

So.. What are the strengths and weaknesses of SPSS? and is it worth learning?

2. OBP

OBP Temporarily Banned

AMR, there is a dedicated Statistical package that our guys at work used alongside Excel called "MiniTab", that might be worth a look.
    http://www.minitab.com/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487842

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice