Excel "wakeup" default

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

camtech

My Excel spreadsheet is called open by a Word mail merge document.

The document finds it's data with no problem, but when I need to check or change the spreadsheet data, I find that it is always parked at cell Z47, well out of the "active area" of my data.

At this point, my "active area" contains columns A thru S, and rows 2 through 32.
I would like to know if there is a way to have the spreadsheet wake up to a specific location, like cell A1?

hi camtech,

was Z47 the active cell at the time the s/s was saved?
if so that's why it is parked at that cell whenever you open it (by 'parked' I presume you mean that is the selected cell / cursor position).

If not, then there is more to this.

You could force a 'wake up' at a specific cell with a simple macro :

Worksheets("mysheetname").Activate
Worksheets("mysheetname").Range("A1").Activate

Replace mysheetname with the name of you sheet [with the quotes], and place the macro in the THISWORKBOOK / OPEN event within the THISWORKBOOK Module.

or record something similar via Tools / Macro / Record New Macro

lol
Hew

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online