1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel, Word 2016

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by careloe, Dec 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. careloe

careloe Thread Starter

I've been having a great deal of trouble recently with Window 10-- Excel 2016 and Word 2016 and hope you can help.
    First I "lost" 8 months of input in an Excel workbook. I contacted Microsoft but without success. Now when I try to access a workbook in Excel I get a uac pop-up asking if I "want to allow this app to make changes to your device" and when I try to access a Word doc there is an order to "confirm your account". This is so annoying---how do I get rid of these?
    Norton won't allow Sysinfo.exe because it is unsafe..

2. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

You have an Excel file you can't open?

3. careloe

careloe Thread Starter

I can open it but it takes approx 10 minutes and is very slow to process info. The original workbook book is gone.

4. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

I don't understand. Can you open the file or not?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1181838

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice