1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel workbook naming

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Al_Con, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Al_Con

Al_Con Thread Starter

I have an Excel (2010) template from which I need to create separate workbooks for our range of ocean-going vessels.

Requirement 1
    Upon loading the template, I need to prompt the user to enter the name of the vessel.

Requirement 2
    The name must be transferred to a particular cell, probably A1, in proper case.

Requirement 3
    I then wish to save the workbook using the vessel’s name, in capitals, followed by a space, a hyphen, another space and then the rest of the filename – based on the name of the template.

Example 1: name of template Record of voyage.

Example 2: name of workbook OCEAN TRAVELLER - Record of voyage.

Any thoughts?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1008443

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice