Solved Excel Workbooks not opening since installation of Windows10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AMYCLAYTON

Hello,
Since installing Windows10 I am unable to open Excel workbooks on one computer. A message comes up the file is corrupt and cannot be opened. The same files have been opened before Windows10 and open on other computers. We have successfully installed Windows10 on other computers in our office.
Any suggestions what we need to do to be able to open and view Excel in this instance?

etaf

Wayne
do a repair of office installation
do you have an IT dept or someone designated as IT in the company ?
have you referred to them at all

crjdriver

It would really help if you posted what exact version of office AND what exact system or hardware on which you installed win10.
Some older versions of office are not supported on win10.

AMYCLAYTON

Hi,

It is a version of Microsoft office that should be compatible according to Microsoft so that is not the issue, we have googled this extensively in how to troubleshoot this problem. I am the IT dept in our company so if there wasn't an issue I would not have published this post. Just hoping to see if anyone else has had this issue and how to repair Excel so we can view these workbooks?

etaf

Wayne
would help us to help you , if you actually answered the questions
If you work for an IT dept, then you should understand the value of information - like what version of office
also have you carried out a repair via control panel of office ? , as i asked, again its useful to know what has been tried already, especially as you have
we have googled this extensively in how to troubleshoot this problem.
I am the IT dept in our company so if there wasn't an issue I would not have published this post.
We had no way to know that, unless you told us. But one of your users could have done (and in fact users very often post here, bypassing their IT Dept, hence the question) and so as I'm sure you are aware, IT Depts often set-up windows in a very specific way and often differently to domestic users, using various policies, hence the question regarding if IT Dept has been involved, as we would not want to advise a change to a user that may compromise any security or policies added by an IT Dept.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts