Excel XP can't view 2 windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stargupper

I have reinstalled Office XP. Problem still persist. I can't view two separate Excel files simultaneously. When I open the second file it replaces the first one. Why? What can I do to view both Excel file windows on the desktop?
Using Windows 2K
[email protected]

In EXcel - Tools - Options - check "Windows in Taskbar"

Then make sure Excel is not fully Maximised (not full screen) and you should be able to see both instances running in separate Excel windows, each with their own taskbar icon, and place thenm where you want to on the screen

DoubleHelix

Banned
You can have multiple Excel files open simultaneously, but they're just not displaying separately in the taskbar. If you click on the Window menu in Excel, you'd see all the workbooks that you have open listed. To switch between them, click on the name.

With all of them open, click Tools, Options. Select the View tab. Check "Windows in Taskbar". This should cause them show up in the taskbar separately.

Often, I'll open Excel and create a Workspace. File Menu-Save Workspace, give it a name and place it on my desktop.
Then, I drag the all the Excel files I want to view into the Workspace.
If I need to view those particular files again, at regular times, opening the saved workspace makes it easy.

(Maybe I'm missing something but) have you tried the "Arrange" option on the "Window" menu (with 2 files open in one instance, rather than 2 instances)?

HTH,
Andy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts