1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Malyon0984, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malyon0984

Malyon0984 Thread Starter

Hi there.....!

I am having a problem.... I have been trying to write a conditional format for a date spreadsheet I have in |Excel 2003....... The problem I have is that there are multiple cells which require the same formula..... The formula or conditional format required is.... what ever date I have visible in a cell...if it is more than 6 months old, for it to change a colour, then the next is 9 months and the last twelve months.....

So basically IF...... TODAY(Being th system date from the PC) -180 to -269 DAYS it should change a colour

Then TODAY -270 to 364

Then TODAY -365 onwards......

Could anyone please help me from pulling my hair out......???!!! Many thanks in advance....!

2. Pedro15

Pedro15

Try this for conditional formatting
    1ST CONDITION
    Formula is=AND(D1<=TODAY()-180,D1>TODAY()-264)
    2ND CONDITION
    Formula is=AND(D1<=TODAY()-265,D1>TODAY()-365)
    3rd condition
    Cell Value les than ="TODAY()-365"

Do conditional formatting whilst in cell D1 (or cell of your choice) and on conclusion drag the cell as far as you wish.

Pedro

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028326

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice