1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Scully, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scully

Scully Thread Starter

Slowly but steadly over the course of a few weeks I've been getting calls from our network users about their MS Excel crashing with the error of not enough resources. I've virus scanned their systems, which comes up clean. I've been looking around today on the net for Excel or MS Office relate incidents. But have come up with nothing so far.

Has anyone else experienced this? It seems to be progressing to more and more users, almost like a virus. Again though I'm not picking anything up. Currently I use Symantec Enterprise 8.0 clients. Def's are up to date as well.

Desktops are W98 and running a range of office software but the main stay is Office 97.

Let me know if any of you have/are experiencing this.

Cheers,
    Scully

2. RandyG

RandyG

and their resources are all adequate???? I assume they would be, but you didn't mention that so I have to ask, instead of working an an assumption. Plenty of RAM to handle the load? enough Hard drive space? Nothing too much running in the background at time of error? Programs running before or during Excel not Resource hogs like Adobe Illustrator? Is this happening after opening and closing multiple workbooks?

Are these Office applications installed locally, and using templates and resources locally, or are their networked paramters to be aware of?

Some MS Articles tolook at:
    OFF: Cannot Start Office Programs If Available Disk Space Is Low
    OFF97: Windows Resources Not Completely Restored After Leaving Program

3. recep

recep

Hello there,Scully. I have been trying to find a way to fix this problem on my pc, and have yet to find a solution or what has caused this.. I too, thought it may be a virus.. Ummm, well I would really like to know if anyone has the solution to this frustrating problem.. I have been trying all sorts of things all day and well obviously it has yet to be solved...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113825

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice