1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Byfaith, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Byfaith

Byfaith Thread Starter

I can't seem to get anyone to help me. Anybody know how to get your excel icon back to your desktop. Thanks

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    You may have been your own worse enemy on this one.

1) It helps us to help you if your subject line matches the problem. Your other post's subject was "Microsoft Word Problem" while the body was about a missing Microsoft Excel icon in Windows 10. Members familiar with how to add an app icon to the desktop, but not be very familiar with MS-Word would likely not open your post.

2) This site depends on members helping other members as they have time to do so and it may take hours or longer to get a response. You complained about not getting anyone to help you 16 minutes after the original post. There are various paid support services available with agents ready to help you that you could try if you need answers right away.

3) The Tech Tips and Reviews forum is for sharing technical tips that you know with other members, not asking for tips on how to do something. Members seeing Excel as a subject in this forum would open the subject expecting a tip on doing something with Excel.

A member did reply to your original post that you now have marked as solved.
    https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-problem.1234918/#post-9647945

3. britekguy

britekguy

It was marked as solved with zero responses, which I knew had to be an accident.

In any case, my reply there will allow someone to find any installed application on their system and place a shortcut to same on the desktop.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234920

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice