1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel2007 & email addresses

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Brian Fowler, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Fowler

Brian Fowler Thread Starter

I down loaded about 2000 email addresses into an Excel2007 Spreadheet (Col A). These addresses were in the middle of the cell with a space on the left. When I take out the space to the left the address becomes a hyper link and is underlined allowing us to click on it and send an email.

I highlighted ColA and tried to left justify the addresses but this didnt happen. We have to manually take out the space, cell by cell, on the left which is quite time consuming.

There must be an easier way using an excel command?

Any help would be appreciated

Brian
    Dublin, Ireland

2. bomb #21

bomb #21

Try a macro:

Sub test()
    For Each c In Selection
    c.Value = WorksheetFunction.Trim(c.Value)
    ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=c, Address:="mailto:" & c.Value
    Next c
    End Sub

(post back if you need help with installing and/or running macros)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/627428

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice