1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

excel97 - lost my stop recording toolbar

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by pipliz, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pipliz

pipliz Thread Starter

after experimenting with a few macros for the first time yesterday
    now when I start recording a new macro the toolbar does not appear - have to stop recording via the tools menu, but cannot change between relative and absolute cell reference - as a novice
    macro man this would be a help.
    Steve C

2. Gram123

Gram123

Right click in the toolbar area at the top of the window (i.e. next to your Standard and Foramtting toolbars.
    A list of available toolbars are shown. If you are currently recording a macro, one of these is "Stop Recording". Click to check it and it should reappear.

Gram

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    This occurs when using the X to close the recording toolbar, when hitting STOP stops recording. The toolbar should show up automatically and go away automatically, so you shouldn't need to close it with the X.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65286

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice