1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excell formulas

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by christinaeck, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. christinaeck

christinaeck Thread Starter

I am making a form for work and I've got the whole thing figured out, but there is one problem with one of the formulas that is not working out so well.
    I've attached the form for you to see.
    In the "PRICE" column I've created a formula to look at the "Product" and the "Location" and create the price from that. It is linked to the "Product" tab. However, it will only show the price of which ever line is in the formula and will not let me refer to each line.
    For example, the formula is:
    =HLOOKUP(E2,PRODUCT!A1:AZ4,4,0)
    So it show the price of product in line 4, not for 2 and 3. It does change with the location like I want it to, just wont change with the product type.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

Attached Files:

2. AtlBo

AtlBo

I believe this is what you are looking for. I've used this board a 1000 times and gotten 1000 positive responses. I keep the link very handy at all times:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/excel

You will need a hotmail.com account if you don't have one already, but it's well worth the price of an extra e-mail account for me

3. christinaeck

I am looking through this forum, but when I try to submit a question it wants me to pay for it.

4. AtlBo

AtlBo

christina...I haven't ever run into that before. If you would like, I will try to post your question for you so I can see what the problem might be...

Just to clarify your question. Is your problem that you need your forumla to do two things based on what's in the line on the first page?

For example, you need your formula to search for the column on the 2nd page headed by the location in the line on the first page and then pull the correct price based on the Product type listed in the same line...

5. AtlBo

AtlBo

Christina...I got your question posted. I'll let you know when the answer comes through.

Do you have a Microsoft Live account? Maybe that was the problem. I didn't have any problem posting the question...

6. christinaeck

Yes, I have an account, but it wouldn't let me for some reason. I've actually figured out the problem. I had an old friend help me out! Thanks though

7. Garf13LD

Garf13LD

=INDEX(PRODUCT!A1:AZ4,MATCH(A2,PRODUCT!A1:A4,0),MATCH(Location,PRODUCT!A1:AZ1,0))

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090244

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice