Excell function

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Brianw

Hi to all,
Can you please tell me how i can do a number counter in excell. i have 1 book= 3 sheets and i want 1 counter between the 3 sheets. i produce certificates with serial numbers and have three different types to produce but the serial numbers must follow on. Is it possible please!! i am not so good with macros

It's very possible.

How many records do you have?
Can you post your excel sheet with dummy data? - It'll help a lot.

Well it does what it says on the tin. Good work edhicks.

Brianw, is this what you want? If you want more, then post what you expect the resulting data to be.

Questions
1. How many records are you likely to be dealing with?
2. Why do you use 3 separate sheets, when all your fields are the same? If you want something that separates them, use another field, which represents the difference between them, like a groupID.
3. Expected output. Serial Numbers? On one sheet? For each record on each sheet? Both?

Brianw

Answer to question 1. Possible up to 2000

Answer to question 2. I like them on 3 seperate sheets, because it keeps the categories apart.

Answer to question 3. I would like one continuous serial number to cover all three sheets, if this is not possible then I will consider putting all the data on one sheet.

Thanx so far, appriciated

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online