1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excessive battery drain

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by STINGRAY76, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STINGRAY76

STINGRAY76 Thread Starter

My question concerns my PCs battery. I am now working on my 3rd battery in less than a month . Everytime a battery drains, I have to reset everything in the cmos, as well as my sound card settings. Since I have little or no experience in this field, any and all relevant help is greatly appreciated. I am running XP , with 1 gig memory , if that is any help. Thanks.

2. pronute

pronute

Are you sure the batteries are draining? Are you testing the batteries with a millimeter to make sure that they are dead? Lithium cells are able to last as long as 5 years or more if your getting constant checksum errors I would check the condition of the battery cradle for bad contacts, or cold solder joints, or it may even be a bad CMOS EPROM. Three CMOS batteries in less then a month is not even close to normal.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217170

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice