1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Exchange 2010 security group issue

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by wyatt_earp5, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wyatt_earp5

wyatt_earp5 Thread Starter

I am having trouble modifying a security group thats mail enabled through the exchnage management console.

When I go to the properties of this mail enabled security group I get an error that the "recipient configuration is invalid" I hit OK for that error , if i hit cancel i get a read-only view of the group.

Once i get to the properties and select any tab i get and "properties has invalid data" and something concerning invalid characters or spaces.

I am able to modify this group in active directory.

Exchange is not my strong suit so i need some help and i am not finding anything on the web.

2. valis

valis Moderator

heyya wyatt_earp5, I'm going to move this to the server forum, should get a few more hits that way.

and welcome to TSG. :)

thanks,

v

3. wyatt_earp5

wyatt_earp5 Thread Starter

Thank you!!!

4. valis

valis Moderator

just be patient. We got a slew of server-savvy folks around here......:)

5. peterh40

peterh40

It sounds like the Distribution Group alias name contains space or other invalid characters. You can change the Alias name field using the Exchange Management Console, Recipient Configuration, Distribution Groups.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058797