Exchange 2k Licensing Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rrifen

While viewing the event log, I noted that a critical error was reporting that a license violation was occuring. After following the instruction, I noted that former employees user accounts where still holding onto the exchange license. These users have been removed from AD for over 2 months. Does anyone know why? It would make sense that once you remove the user account from the AD it would revoke the license. I have resolved this by manually revoking the licenses on these former users. Is there a setting in Exchange that will sync the AD with the licensing in exchange

How long are you keeping deleted mail?? My guess is that as long as you have deleted mail in the IS, then the license is "in use".

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online