1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

exchange 5.5 server space issue

Discussion in 'Networking' started by strudles, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strudles

strudles Thread Starter

we're running out of room on our exchange server and want to prolong it's life before we upgrade to exchange 2003. if we run ESEUTIL.EXE, will them "compress" the priv.edb file?
    does anyone have any suggestions?
    thanks;)

2. Rockn

Rockn

Is there a problem getting a larger hard drive? You will definately need a larger one once you upgrade. Another option would be a second hard drive and move the databases and log files to the new drive. this will also boost your performance a bit.

3. strudles

strudles Thread Starter

thanks rockn. i think adding a new drive is where we're headed. however, we will be getting an entirely new server for exchange 2003...we're just waiting 'til sp1 comes out. in the interim, we would like the existing server to last a little longer. i found out today that you need a lot of space to run the eseutil. so i moved the exchange files to another server and ran the eseutil on those file. it cut the size in half. i haven't moved the files back yet. what do you think of this approach?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172628

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice