1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Exchange ActiveSync after Password Reset

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by staticbyte, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. staticbyte

staticbyte Thread Starter

Hello!

We currently use Meraki MDM to enroll and enforce policies on our IOS mobile devices.

I have a policy which installs the e-mail profile on the phone when the device is tagged - happy days.

However, when the user changes there account password, things begin to go wrong.

What used to happen was, the device would continue to sync mail for several hours before eventually prompting them to put in their new.

Now, for some reason - (possibly an IOS update?), the phone stops syncing with a "Cannot get mail" error. No prompt for the user to re-input their password, even after a handset reboot.

I have to remove the device tag, let the phone sync with Meraki so that it removes the mail profile. Then I re-add the tag and re-sync to add the account again.

I'm not quite sure if there is a policy I need to change in Exchange, or whether it's a problem with Meraki.

Thanks in advance!

Neil

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217868

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice