1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Exchange/Outlook ?'s

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by garofaloj, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. garofaloj

garofaloj Thread Starter

good day, i have a couple of questions i was hoping someone could answer for me......

we have a Windows SBS 2003 server running Exchange 6.5, with clients running Outlook 2007 - we would like to have the users email address show when creating and sending an email - ie the To:, From:, Cc: fields should display as "Mickey Mouse <[email protected]>" and NOT as "Mickey Mouse"

also, for an Outlook user, is there a way (without using a Rule) to automatically send a Received or Sent email to an external email system - ie everytime i send or receive an email from my Outlook account, can i have it automatically sent to [email protected]?

any help is appreciated....thanks!

2. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hi there, welcome to the board!

In response to your first question it's in the Contacts of the client email, whether that's managed by your server or not, but is the "Display As" portion of the contact. In response to your second question, without a rule, I believe you would need to use VBA code on the client machine. Not sure how to do it without code or via rules.

3. garofaloj

garofaloj Thread Starter

thank you for the prompt reply!!, it is much appreciated!!...sorry mine is so late in coming....i was on vacation for a bit......for the email address not showing, i changed the Display As field in Contacts to read "Mickey Mouse <[email protected]>" on one of the clients and its still not showing the email address for the user i changed - - any other ideas, this is frustrating as i would think it would be quit easy to do this.....thank you for any further info you can provide.....

4. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

You have to type it in at least once. It's a 'memory' list, so whatever was typed will be 'remembered' the next time. Or type your name and click Check Names and it should show it as the Display As field.

I've got the same server and same Office version as well. My predecessor tried setting up Exchange and managed to botch it very badly. We are now using POP3 instead. I'd love to redo it - correctly this time - although I haven't done it from scratch before. Any words of advice you can give regarding that?

5. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

The display name in AD should also control the way the To field shows the name.

After making your changes, have you allowed time for replication? I do not know the size of your domain, but it can hours, or even days to replicate out, especially if your mail client operates in some form of cached mode.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/932508

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice