Exchange remote users account can not log in accross VPN

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

arahming

We have a VPN from Springfield to Ft Lauderdale that is used to connect two DC and an exchange server in one domain. The primary Domain Controller is in Ft Lauderdale with the exchange server the other domain controller is in Springfield. the VPN is to watch gaurd firewalls. Once a week at least the remote office will lose its connection to the exchange server we can still tellnet port 110, 25 and ping. I checked the knowledge base here and noticed something about the MTU so I changed the MTU settings in the registry with MaxMTU 1492. It work for one user after reboot email came up it was taken care of. everyone else could not get on. The next thing I did was just to reboot the server everyone came back up. my boss is convienced it is the exchange server causing this even though nobody at the ft lauderdale location is having this problem. Any Ideas I will post again to give 1000 points due to the fact this is a multiple question question
MDFL domain
Watchgaurd x700 --VPN-------------------wathgaurd Soho x400
Site Ft Laud ------------------------------Site Spring
Primary Domain Control ---------------------Secondary domain controller
DNS ----------------------------------- DNS
DHCP------------------------------------- DHCP
192.168.5.1 ------------------------------192.168.6.1
exchange 2000 192.168.5.4

can ping exchange from Spring
can telnet 192.168.5.1 110 or 25 successfully
all remote pc have host files for exchange and PDC
can open exchange using \\192.168.5.4 from the run text box

changed MTU to 1492 on all computer worked on 2 but still had 13 others that could not connect
rebooted exchange server worked all PC connected 3 had problems with LAG
any ideas appreceated

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online