Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exchange server issues!

918 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kevlar12 
#1 ·
My company is running Exchange server 5.5 and it seems that whenever our employees try to email specific customers, the message either fails completely or they get partial messages. I talked with the Network admin at the customers company and they say that it is only with us that this issue occurs. We have only 3 customers that this happens to and the rest work fine. Our exchange server is pretty much all defaults and they seem to be universal values, nothing fancy. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
What do the addresses that fail have in common? Are they web mail cusomers, do they use Lotus Notes or CC Mail? I would check you Internet Mail Connector and see if it is set up correctly and also find out if Exchange is using the least cost route to send mail. We had a problem where the mail was taking too many hops before it's final destination and the mail would never reach the intended mail server. If you are using DNS to route mail make sure the remote host is registered on the DNS server or it will not go out.

#3 ·
The main thing that I have noticed that has issues is that the other company has about 3-4 aliases in which it forwards through to some of their people. will most definitely check those settings and I am sorry for the long wait for a reply. Thank you so much for your input. I will let you know my results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.