Exchange Server Port 110 Not enabled

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Murkydok

I have set up a Exchange Server 5.5 and when I try to send mail I get an error. After doing a scan on the ports I found that port 110 is not open.

How do I open it?

The server platform is NT4 and I have checked the box in the network control panel to enable all ports TCP and UDP. That did not solve the problem.

Any suggestions?

Bryan

110 is for POP mail. Exchange by default uses SMTP on 25. If you have a firewall open up the correct ports in both directions.

Make sure the port is also open in your router, if you are using one to connect to the internet.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online