1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Exe file problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by larryslade, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryslade

larryslade Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have an Acer Aspire x3200 pc. I have Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2, 64-bit operating system on it. For a long time now when I fire up the pc I get this message--Could not load or run C:\users\admin\appdata\local\temp\dwm.exe' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry. I just x out of it and go on my merry way. Is the best course of action to remove the file from the registry? Thanks

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 8400 Triple-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 2 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 3
    RAM: 3837 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9200, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 141943 MB, Free - 37309 MB; D: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 22982 MB; E: Total - 144353 MB, Free - 141040 MB;
    Motherboard: Acer, WMCP78M
    Antivirus: Norton AntiVirus, Updated and Enabled

2. larryslade

larryslade Thread Starter

I just found out what the DWM file was for. Somehow it was deleted. I now know I really wouldn't want what the file could do, so I guess I'll just keep getting rid of the error message when I boot up. Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!