1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

.exe files not associated

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by MarioAnaya, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarioAnaya

MarioAnaya Thread Starter

After the service pack was installed, none of the applications load. Before the SP1 for Vista, I was already experiencing this problem. There is an error that reads: This file does not have a program associated with it f or performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations Control Panel. The problem seems to lie with every application's executable file. I have already used System Restore, but the problem continues. I can not load applications such as Word, Excel, and even Internet Expplorer.:eek:

2. unbidden

unbidden

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!