1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

.exe msdos file problem PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by pcguydude, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pcguydude

pcguydude Thread Starter

Ok this has happened to my computer twice and my friends computer once, but I have never seen anyone else experience these problems. I tried to click on one of my desktop shortcuts and it popped up with a box identical to a command prompt box, except without any text. the box stays open for about a half of a second. Not only is it desktop shortcuts, but it happens to the .exe file inside the program folder. The first time this happened to me, it occured with windows programs including notepad, but not all programs. Reinstalling the program makes the dialog box go a way and the program runs well for a little while, before it pops up again when trying to acess it. I am completely bewildered!!!!! :confused: :mad: Nothing extraordinary happened before this problem occurs, it JUST HAPPENS without any warning.system restore doesn't fix it. I don't want to reformat every Time this happens!!!!!!! Both systems are identical except the video card,( one is 9800 pro, the other is 9800xt.) System Specs:
    Asus a7n8x-e deluxe
    amd athlon xp 3200+
    corsair 512 value ram
    windows xp pro
    the video cards mentioned above
    sata hdd 80gig WD
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. grimreapor

grimreapor

sounds like a virus mate
    i suuguest you go to google type `norton` in search box and use there free online virus search engine not any you already have installed because it may of got round them.

see if it says you have/nt got any and follow there advice
    let us know if this solves yr problem or not

3. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    I moved your thread to the Security forum, someone will help you there ...

4. pcguydude

pcguydude Thread Starter

Anti Virus says ALL MY files are infected with a W32 JEEFO virus??? what the heck???? it says my ati drivers, my msn messenger, all my game .exe's and everything!!! OH WELL, I am just gonna reformat, If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated as to how to avoid this problem and to solve it next time. Thanks for all the help!!!

5. pcguydude

pcguydude Thread Starter

I just reformatted and it did it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why is it doing this!????!???? that is 5 times now, between these 2 pc's please help!!!!!

It must be a hardware issue??!?!?!?
    right?!??!?

I reformatted and installed drivers, gamedrive, and zero hour THAT IS ALL!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!!

THANK YOU!!!
    God Bless

6. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

This describes the virus.

It would certainly appear that one of your programs that you are installing after the reformat is infected. And, as soon as it is installed, it infects everything else.

Suggestion:
    The first application you should install is your antivirus, then immediately update your definitions.
    Then, immediately apply all MS critical security updates.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272908

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice