exe. problem, need help :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SwissD

I recently obtained a laptop from a coworker. He cleaned it out and used it again for about a week for school.

After getting my hands on it i tried to install basic things such as flashplayer. Some installations would work, but roughly 75%+ of the other installations failed. When installing things, after the extraction of files, when the installers where trying to open the setup exe it failed to do so. Some said there was an error in opening the setup exe while others, after clicking the setup exe manually, nothing happened.

This is happening to most things im trying to install.I really want still is flash, this happening due to security settings he might of changed?

What should I do?

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
It is a reg file (exefix.reg). Simply save it to your desktop. Then, double-click on it (or right-click on it and select "Merge") and it will automatically merge to your registry.

Reboot.

If you wish to view the registry fix before merging it, simply right-click on the file and select "Edit" then click on "Run". The file will open in Notepad.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online