Expand a Partition?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Debutante

I have two partitions on my HD:

1 for Windows - 6 Gigs
1 for Installed software etc - the rest of the HD

I realised that the size of the partition containing Windows is a little too small.

Is there any way I can add more space to the Windows partition? I JUST formatted and reinstalled last week and I don't feel like doing it again. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

bonk

Banned
You would need a third party software like Partition Magic or Acronis Disk Director

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Personally, I install my applications with Windows, since if you replace Windows, you have to install the applications anyway.

You could also use BootIt NG found here
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/bootitng.html
It is a partitioning, imaging, and multiboot program that will allow you to resize partitions with data. It is not the most user friendly of programs but it does work. They used to offer a 30 day free trial but I'm not sure if they still do.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online