Expanding DVMT in Laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ABSTRAX

I'm a little puzzled here...

Just got a laptop, Gateway 6635b with:

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900
Dynamic Video Memory Technology (DVMT) supports up to 128MB shared video memory

It came with / is currently set to 64MB of shared video memory... I want to expand it to the full 128MB, and I'm lost as to what I need to do... do I need to buy or is it purely an internal setting where I need to allocate some more of the memory to video...

I'm quite experienced with desktops but am new to laptops... so help is much appreciated!!

It's "shared" memory so it will use your main system RAM.

Look in the BIOS for settings, if there are none then it may just use "what it needs" at any time up to 128 MB.

ABSTRAX

Thanks...

I had a look in BIOS and the options were few and far between... nothing seemed to lend itself to this feature, besides a listing for 'Video Memory' and 8MB which didn't seem to tally, and even then it wasn't so much a setting as it was uneditable...

It definitely doesn't use what it requires either as I installed a game which required 64MB of Video Memory and in the pre-install diagnostic it runs on your system it told me I only had 60MB of Video Memory... perhaps a better question would be why on earth is the system only recognising 60MB!!!??

ABSTRAX

Thanks...

I had a look in BIOS and the options were few and far between... nothing seemed to lend itself to this feature, besides a listing for 'Video Memory' and 8MB which didn't seem to tally, and even then it wasn't so much a setting as it was uneditable...

It definitely doesn't use what it requires either as I installed a game which required 64MB of Video Memory and in the pre-install diagnostic it runs on your system it told me I only had 60MB of Video Memory... perhaps a better question would be why on earth is the system only recognising 60MB!!!??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts