1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

expansion slot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bobbo, Apr 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbo

Bobbo Thread Starter

I have a shared PCI/ISA slot on my MB. What (or better how) can I use this slot? I want to add a NIC for DSL but all my PCI's are in use by Firewire, SCSI, and sound cards? Can I use this shared slot for the NIC or swap out one of my others and use them in the shared??
    Thanks for any help!
    Bob

2. Whypick1

Whypick1

well, most PCI cards sohuld play nice nice with the shared slot. But i'm not to sure abuot that. I'm not sure if the sound card would like it though. You can probably just put the NIC in there

------------------
    Just remember, i could be wrong.

3. wedor

wedor

Ususally a "shared" slot can be used by one or the other, but not both.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/32775

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice