1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Experiencing freezing of Windows OS upon loading up desktop

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by nOddyseus, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nOddyseus

nOddyseus Thread Starter

Hi guys.

I have Windows 7 64 bit. Have had it for over a year now and my computer has been running great.

However, in the last few months, I've noticed the overall performance of my computer has been slowing down and trying to run any sort of programme or software has taken that bit longer to load.

In the last few days, I've had very weird performance. The whole desktop function just ceases up and freezes and I can't access any of the open programmes or even ctrl + alt + delete or get into task manager. Yesterday and today it even went as far to be so bad that when I simply loaded up Windows 7 and got to the desktop and loaded firefox, after about 10 seconds of loading it up, it would suddenly cease up and again I'd be forced to turn off and on the pc again.

I decided to boot up Windows 7 with my cd and I ran some diagnostic test, to see if it could find any problems, when booting. I went away and let the test run, and when I came back Windows 7 had loaded all the way to my desktop, and since then I've had no issues - albeit they could appear again.

So, I'm just wondering if anybody has experience similar issues? Does anybody have any advice they'd like to impart upon my situation? Do you think I just need to tidy up my computer - as I've been installing programmes and software over the course of the last year, and never made any attempt to re-organise the operating system in any way.

Please, I'd appreciate any help at all.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/992970

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice