Experiencing high packet loss

dblol

Hi everyone, I've noticed that my Tx packet loss is always between 30-40% but I'm not sure what is causing this nor how to fix it. Restarting the router seems to work but only temporarily. I use an ethernet connection directly from my router to my PC.

What could be some of the potential issues causing this large amount of packet loss?

Attachments

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Have you tried something simple such as replacing the Ethernet cable between your router and the ISP modem? I'm assuming that connectivity test was done at the router.

dblol

I don't have a modem, I just have a "WIFI Hub." The speed test was done on my PC which is connected by Ethernet, however I still had the same packet loss issues when I was using a wireless connection. I suppose this means it's not something to do with the connection between the PC and the hub, but rather the hub and the wall socket. The thing I don't understand is why restarting the hub temporarily fixes it.

dblol

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
version SG4K10001400t

"Hardware version": FAST5364 3.00

The Wi-Fi Hub must have some type of connection to Internet. You write that do not have a modem. Are you connecting the Wi-Fi Hub to a mobile phone, or some type of mobile Internet device? It appears this model is designed for ADSL. Is that the type of Internet connection?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online