Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Experiencing high packet loss

500 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  KhunDoug 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I've noticed that my Tx packet loss is always between 30-40% but I'm not sure what is causing this nor how to fix it. Restarting the router seems to work but only temporarily. I use an ethernet connection directly from my router to my PC.

What could be some of the potential issues causing this large amount of packet loss?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't have a modem, I just have a "WIFI Hub." The speed test was done on my PC which is connected by Ethernet, however I still had the same packet loss issues when I was using a wireless connection. I suppose this means it's not something to do with the connection between the PC and the hub, but rather the hub and the wall socket. The thing I don't understand is why restarting the hub temporarily fixes it.

#6 ·
The Wi-Fi Hub must have some type of connection to Internet. You write that do not have a modem. Are you connecting the Wi-Fi Hub to a mobile phone, or some type of mobile Internet device? It appears this model is designed for ADSL. Is that the type of Internet connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.