1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Experss Card Detection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by paul_carron, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. paul_carron

paul_carron Thread Starter

Hey,

How can I tell if my laptop has detected a FireWire express card. I dont think it has but im not sure what im looking for.

Cheers
    Paul

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Easiest way is plug something into it and see if it works. You could look in Device Manager and see if it is recognized also:
    "Run, devmgmt.msc" and hit enter.

3. paul_carron

paul_carron Thread Starter

The device manager has an 'OHCI Complient IEEE1394 Host Controller'. Could this be it?
    When I plug my card in should anything appear in the tray in the same way as it would for USB?

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

Yes that's it. IT is quicker to recognize than usb so you won't see the long protracted hunt for driver but you should see a popup on screen with choices of how to view what's in the drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757545

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice