Experss Card Detection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

paul_carron

Hey,

How can I tell if my laptop has detected a FireWire express card. I dont think it has but im not sure what im looking for.

Cheers
Paul

Easiest way is plug something into it and see if it works. You could look in Device Manager and see if it is recognized also:
"Run, devmgmt.msc" and hit enter.

paul_carron

The device manager has an 'OHCI Complient IEEE1394 Host Controller'. Could this be it?
When I plug my card in should anything appear in the tray in the same way as it would for USB?

The device manager has an 'OHCI Complient IEEE1394 Host Controller'. Could this be it?
When I plug my card in should anything appear in the tray in the same way as it would for USB?

Yes that's it. IT is quicker to recognize than usb so you won't see the long protracted hunt for driver but you should see a popup on screen with choices of how to view what's in the drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online