1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"experts" dot coms

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by sdp3501, Jan 23, 2002.

Advertisement
  1. sdp3501

sdp3501 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Shawn
    i went to a site called allexperts.com and at first found it very diverse. i even regestered as an expert in food science, only to find that after i clicked on "food" that i couldnt even find myself!! when i went into the "experts forum" i found a bunch of moaning and groaning about personal stuff and couldnt even make sense of most of it....anyone have any experience with this site or any other "expert" sites? real bummer as the first page is user friendly (ask an expert, hopefully get a response), ie pick a catagory, pick an expert, and ask them a question. i guess i might be spoiled by tech guy forums!!!!!

2. deuce

deuce

all other help forums are second to TSG. :D

3. sdp3501

sdp3501 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Shawn
    REALLY!! This is really well run, as this other site seems to be going all over the place! Really confusing, and you cant even contact anyone "higher up" to get an answer about posting, weather or not there is a message board, and stuff like "where am I?"

4. deuce

deuce

Most "other" sites are like that. At some point they wither away and die in certain places. There are a handful of "decent" sites out there... but aside from them, the "others" are just not up to par on anything, such as making their "help forum" into a "forum".

:D :D :D

5. sdp3501

sdp3501 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Shawn
    " i know" :D :D :D ;)

6. Dark Star

Dark Star

You can stop looking for a better place than this one because it is not possible to find one better than TSG..........

"i even regestered as an expert in food science,"

This is good because we need one in the Rambling thread, we try to have a little diversity here as well. ;)

I mean we do have resident experts in your field of expertise, but I'm not sure when they have their classes going on in here, I do recall we deep fried some donuts recently to have with our coffee tasting classes in the mornings..........well it's all in the Rambling thread.

DS

7. deuce

deuce

You are better off saving your time and spending here and just not even trying to look in the first place... you won't find that better place because it isn't out there. (you have found it already :D)

8. sdp3501

sdp3501 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Shawn
    I hope to god they fried the donuts in lard! The taste is incredible! AND noone eats donuts to lose weight, so dont give me the whiney crap about the fat content. HAHA

9. Dark Star

Dark Star

sdp3501,

You've been around here for some 200+ posts and you've not gotten sucked into the Random time warp yet?

I R very :confused: now.......

:D
    DS

10. JewisHeritage

JewisHeritage

combsdon: I got your PM:) Try this site .... I think you will fit right in there!

Marshall's New Home ;)

11. jimi

jimi

must have been sick, why didn't ya save me a doughnut DS???:D

JH so just what is you screen name at "way too personal"???:rolleyes:

man that place cloned its layout from TSG or were they 1st, actually looks like some good laughs could be had there

12. Enigma

Enigma

TSG are the best! Very good little community happening here. Only quirk I'd have is that there's not enough Linux people here. But this is a great place for a laugh and to have a good ol' chat about nothing.

Now, I'm not advertising, trying to take traffic away from TSG, or anything like that, but I've put together a small forum that my Uni class and I will be using to troubleshoot stuff. It's directed at Programming and Linux and there'll be a lot of Linux gurus there soon, along with a whole heap of Programmers. So, check it out if you like.

There's a link to it in my signature.

13. hewee

hewee

14. Enigma

Enigma

Yeah, I'm running a different build of linux now. And I haven't compiled Apache with CGI yet, just PHP.

Ikonboard was too slow anyway, this one's great cause it's all HTML and only 3K of images.

Also check out my other two main sites if you like, operationenigma.net and .com
    I haven't started on .com yet, but any suggestions on the layout of the .net site would be greatly appreciated ;)

Cheers

15. hewee

hewee

Ok I posted a Hi again.

I think the "OperationEnigma Networks" logo is very hard to read at http://www.operationenigma.net/ and http://www.operationenigma.org/

At http://www.operationenigma.com/ all I get is this.

Index of /

Name Last modified Size Description

Parent Directory 01-Feb-2002 09:43 -
    nwcscript-13.1.exe 03-Feb-2002 03:33 54k
    query19210b.exe 03-Feb-2002 03:19 376k
    r_server.zip 03-Feb-2002 03:31 202k

Apache/1.3.22 Server at www.operationenigma.com Port 80

Boy I would not even know how to help anyone at your new forum. Maybe just say hey write good java so it does not crash Netscape. Don't make pop-ups. Make pages so the buttons work even if you java is off.
    See that is about all I can say.:D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65953

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice