Expired Macros

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jon Tanner

I am using Office 2003 and XP Pro

lately when ever I open a Outlook, Excell or Word I get several error messages telling me that I have expired or revoked macros. Same thing when I try to close Word. It tells me the Normal template has been changed and do I want to save it.

How do I renew or update these macros so I stop getting all these messages?

Thanks

Jon Tanner

Usually it's when I'm starting Word or while in Outlook replying or creating a new email ( which uses Word as my editor)

But I also get it when I close out the above programs

As I exited email this pop'd up.

It's a Microsoft Visual Basic Error box
"The Macros in this projuect are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros"

If I try to exit Word it asks to save the templet NORMAL. I get a error that the Macros are disabled. I have to go through 3-4 cancel windows in order to exit.

You need to set your security level to Medium or lower then. Read the Help files on it. Change security levels by going to Tools | Macro | Security.. Read up on what the settings do. Generally Medium is recommended though. Also go to the second tab and check the boxes at the bottom. You must close then reopen.

HTH

Jon Tanner

Alright, so is meadium security the normal? I didn't change my level to high. Either it comes set at high from the install or some other program bumped it to high as part of it's install.

I blew the computer off and reinstalled everything in August. So it has been running just fine for several months and over the holidays I started getting these errors. I'll have to try and remember what I installed during that time.

Thanks

Jon Tanner

Thats what I suspected. So how to I renew the macros so I can leave it at HIGH.

Maybe I should just uninstall and reinstall all of office. Sometimes it not worth worrying about why, but just fix the problem

Thanks

Leaving the security level at High will disable all macros. I'm not fully understanding why you would want it at high and still have a desire to run macros.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online